Old July 30th 06, 08:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Lord

Default AGP card advice please

'erm looks like my mb isn't great for overclocking, and thanks, sounds
tempting but this is my last upgrade for my current agp setup till I upgrade
to a new system next year (still saving!), so will see what the new card
runs like on my current system.

thanks for the advice all

John
"John Lord" wrote in message
Thanks guy, looks of useful help. Also done a bit of research and will
order it tomorrow.

EDM, sounds a good idea just to give the new card some breathing space.
I've overclocked my 6600 for a while but never my CPU, it's now out of
warranty so will start reading and learning about how to do it, any good
sites you can recommend that will help me?

Thanks

John

"First of One" wrote in message
It would not. :-) You need something in the 400W range (or more if you
can afford it), and stick with good brands like Enermax, Antec, Seasonic
or PC Power & Cooling ($$).

"BuddyWh" root@localhost. wrote in message
Uh-oh.... right now I'm running a 2.8 Northwood and my 6600GT on a
240W supply. I wonder if it would hold 7800GS??