Old July 30th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Default AGP card advice please

"John Lord" wrote in message
So looking at one last upgrade for my current AGP PC;

PM800- M2 Mother Board
P4 3ghz
1gb RAM
800gb hard disk space

If I bought the Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ SILENT 512MB GDDR3
TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP), would my current CPU get bottlenecked? would it be
able to handle newer games, ie oblivion call of duty 2 etc? does anyone
have a similar system or comments that would help?

Newer games like Oblivion and CoD2 are almost always video-card-limited once
you crank up the visual options. The 7800GS+ can handle Oblivion at the
"very high" setting with HDR, under most circumstances.

Don't worry too much about power supply requirements. The 7800GS+ has a 7900
core and draw about half as much power as competing ATi cards. A 400 W power
supply should be sufficient.