Old June 25th 06, 02:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Forceware 91.31 has adware in it

I have noticed this also. I reinstalled Forceware 84.21 to resolve this as
this version works just just fine with my Gainward 7800GS 512mb AGP card.
"Larry Roberts" wrote in message
The new drivers have adware coded into them. When you try, and
disable the tray icon from within the driver control panel, it popsup
again at reboot with a message that one of your SLI cards was
disabled, even though you have only one card, or an AGP card. The
message ask you to click the bubble fr more info, which then brings
you to Nvidia's SLI website. This is nothing more than an
advertisement to get you to buy SLI. If you try, and disable it from
MSCONFIG, it reinstalls itself. Malware. The ATI products are now
looking better because of this.