Old February 9th 06, 11:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Dual Core Compatibility

Thanks, Bob. I'm considering upgrading to PCI-E, as I need to buy a new
video card for a dell widescreen. Once again, I find myself experiencing the
"snowball effect", where one upgrade leads to another, and another, and...

Thanks again,
Hark

"Bob Knowlden" wrote in message
. ..
If you go to www.amd.com, you'll find only two 4400+ models listed, both
with the E6 stepping.

I've not used an nForce3 mainboard, but I ran a 4400+ on a Via K8T800pro
board (Asus A8V) successfully. I've since moved it to an nForce 4 board,
to switch to a PCI-E graphics card.

"Harkhof" wrote in message
I'm looking at the 4400+ X2 and need to know if this cpu is compatible
with my
MSI MS-7025 (NEO2 Platinum). MSI's site shows that, as of BIOS version
1.9 (the 2nd latest), support was added for the AMD E6 cpu. Is the dual
core in the E6 family? Has anyone installed the 4400x2 in this board?

Thanks,

Hark