Old January 6th 06, 11:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 6800 GS benchmark in Far Cry

"johns" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have no idea, and I'm just kidding about buying a 6800 GS.
Don't misunderstand me. I think this 6800 GS is severely
crippled, and the commercial nVidia reviewers are ticked
that I am posting these crappy results about their new
POS video card. I stand by my tests. This card really
craps out when the going gets tough. And if you want to
see an even worse 6800, try one of the 128 meg cards.
It will give screen pauses at door openings of several
seconds. And it will cause screen stuttering every time
you move the view even just a little bit. Also, I just ran
the Archive benchmark again, with the details set to
MINIMUM. The benchmark ran fine with no black walls
or dropouts. Of course the graphics looked crappy, and
the water was a dull foggy blue. But who's being picky?

johns

I have a 6800GS with AMD 3500 and 1GB ram.
I score over 5700 in 3DMark 05.
I can play half life 2 at 1600x1200 with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic
filtering on full.
Call of duty 2 (yes two) at 1024 x 768 with everything maxed out.
Need for Speed MW at 1280x1024 with everything on full.

I think this card is great value for £150 and I am chuffed to bits with its
performance.

SlicK