Old December 23rd 05, 12:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default So Nvidia has cancelled production of ALL AGP cards except the6800Gs?

pigdos schrieb:

This is what I read over on Rage3d. That sucks. Really sucks.

I don't understand your point. First, Nvidia makes _GPUs_ (ICs), not
videocards. Second, they stopped production of GPUs with native AGP
interface, but board makers still can make AGP cards by using the
AGP-PCIe brigde chip. Third, AGP is dead. The current crop of AGP cards
is still fast enough for the latest AGP systems, and next generation
cards also want a faster system that will have PCIe.

So what?

Benjamin