Old September 25th 05, 08:05 PM
Robert Hancock

Spaceman wrote:
Should there be two things using the same IRQ?

I have NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller and Radeon 9700 Pro both on
(PCI)19.

I also have NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface and Standard OpenHCD
USB Host Controller both on (PCI)21. Will this cause problems?

The reason i ask is this.. I had a razer diamondback mouse that would
disconnect from usb, and connect again by itself, constantly. so, i'd be
playing a game, and my mouse all the sudden dies completely, for a few
seconds until it connects itself again. it only seems to happen when i'm
playing games so far. i thought it was the hardware(razer mouse), but now i
have an old logitech usb mouse hooked up and it's doing it too. I have
reformatted and reinstalled windows fresh. It didn't fix the problem. Could
the IRQ thing be the problem? Or, is my USB hardware failing on me? I
haven't had problems with any other USB item other than my mouse. the damn
mouse... it's crippling as far as playing games.

It would be ideal for everything to be on its own IRQ, but in cases like
this where onboard devices are sharing there is often nothing that can
be done about it. In any case it should not cause problems like this.

Much more likely that you have a bad mouse.. could be the cable is
broken internally.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from