Old September 9th 05, 05:00 AM
Cari

wrote in message
oups.com...
(I posted this a month ago or so but haven't got this fixed)

I've recently bought an nVidia GeForce 6600GT VIVO display adapter, and

I connected my composite video to the adapter (and the audio to Line
In). I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

I looked around the nVidia website, and found the page:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mce_extensions.html. The fourth image is
exactly what I need.
So I followed the instructions, I installed the MCE-enabled ForceWare
and the NVIDIA DVD Decoder trial (although I don't think it's necessary
to watch composite video) and restarted my computer.
In the Media Center, I could find the nVidia display extension, I could

even see the pages on screenshots 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (I couldn't
see what's on screenshot 3 because I only use one monitor).
However for some reason, the display setup skipped #4: whether I use
S-Video, Composite or Component.

Also, when I click on TV settings in MCE, it says I don't have a tuner;

and I don't have "Watch TV" option in MCE.

Note that in other programs, such as Virtual VCR or iuVCR, I can see TV

from the WDM driver, only in Media Center it doesn't seem to find it.

I would like to know how to get it to ask me that, or in any other way
how can I use Composite on Windows Media Center 2005.

Thanks in advance!

Windows MCE 2005 MUST have a tv tuner card. A VIVO option in MCE will only
import analog video from something like a VCR.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging