Old August 27th 05, 03:27 AM
First of One

71.84 for Win9x and 71.89 for Win2K/XP were the last ones to support the
Geforce2 GTS/Pro. Have you tried those? You don't necessarily have to roll
all the way back to 50-series drivers.

In Rivatuner there were options to disable Z-buffer compression and forcing
the 24-bit Z-buffer (as opposed to 16-bit). Should also make sure the
W-buffer is enabled.

"noabody" wrote in message
oups.com...
Oddly I was having some of these same problems on and Athlon XP 2800
running WinXP SP2 with an FX5200 video card. I encountered the same
symptoms running the Star Wars Games but the Need for Speed games were
fine. I rolled back to the 50 series drives on that machine and all is
well.

I have two more WinXP machines, an Athlon XP 2800 with a 6600GT and an
Athlon XP 1800 with a TI4200, both running the very newest 75 series
drivers. All of the games work fine on these two boxes. This begs the
question, what is wrong with the Geforce2 GTS and FX5200?

To me the problem seems to be bad z-buffer support; it's as if the 3D
objects are being rendered "behind" the camera. I'd like to know from
NVIDIA's standpoint if the fault lies in the game software or not.
It's as if NVIDIA knew about a DX6/DX7 programming issue and put
work-around code into the 50 series drivers, for these cards, but
pulled it in later revisions. Perhaps the work-around code is in the
video bios for the 6600GT and TI4200?