Old August 26th 05, 12:18 AM
First of One

71.84 for Win9x and 71.89 for Win2K/XP were the last ones to support the
TNT2 and Geforce1/2 cards.

The reason Geforce2 MX is still included in the latest drivers is a strong
[past] OEM presence. Dell and HP/Compaq sold a lot of machines with the MX
installed. Understandably those OEMs would like nVidia to supply them with
one driver to support all their systems old and new.

Remember, pay them enough or buy sufficient volume, anything is possible.
The Sultan of Brunei had a few custom Ferrari 550 wagons made just for him.

"Larry Roberts" wrote in message
I'm not sure what driver revisions stopped supporting the GF2
GTS/Pro/Ti chips. Only the GF2 MX versions are supported in newer
drivers. Why Nvidia would keep support of the lesser GF2 MX, and dump
the more powerful GTS/Pro/Ti is beyond me.