Old August 12th 05, 10:08 PM
vellu

kirjoitti:
My computer has a bunch of open AGP and PCI slots. I have a pretty good
video card from nvidia in one of the AGP slots. Can I put another video
card in another AGP/PCI slot? Will it work?

Basically: Can I put two different video cards in a computer and have
them kind of double graphics power?

No you can't. AGP boards have never supported multiple graphic cards.

Some new PCI-E boards on the other hand do support SLI graphics, which
basically offers exactly what you are describing. But even then the
graphic cards have to be identical and support SLI-mode.

Back in PCI graphic days (some ten years ago or so) there was a similar
technique used by 3DFX on their Voodoo 2 series cards (you could put two
in one computer to get double performance). But those have long since
been obsolete.