Old August 12th 05, 10:06 PM
Inglo

On 8/12/2005 1:40 PM brightened our day with:

My computer has a bunch of open AGP and PCI slots. I have a pretty good
video card from nvidia in one of the AGP slots. Can I put another video
card in another AGP/PCI slot? Will it work?

Basically: Can I put two different video cards in a computer and have
them kind of double graphics power?

I've never heard of a motherboard with multiple AGP slots. You can put
another PCI card in but it won't combine with your AGP, it'll just
enable you to run an independent second display.
The idea you're getting at is called SLI and only (currently) works with
PCI-Express motherboards and cards. Look up "nVidia, PCI-E, SLI" on google.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤ģIngloĢ¤
www.inglostadt.com