Old July 23rd 05, 03:50 AM

300 what? US dollars, AUS dollars, NZ dollars, Canadian doallars, euros,
pounds? And a 2G cpu is a 2 GHz CPU?

300 US

To watch TV on your computer monitor,

* you need either [Video In] connector on your video card and a separate TV
that has a [Video Out] connector (plus an [Audio Out] connector on the TV to
connect to the [Audio In] connector on your audio card or motherboard)

OR

* a TV Tuner installed in your computer.

If you install a TV Tuner in your computer, then you don't need a [Video In]
connector on your video card and don't need a TV, just connect the antenna

Watching premium cable or satellite programming has to be done by connecting
the video and audio out from the converter box to the [Video In] connector a
video card and the [Audio In] on your audio card or the on-board [Audio In]
connector.

Does this mean that you can get a card with a Video In that does not
come with a tuner?

Do any cards have a TV tuner? I would not want to have to change
channels from the converter box. I was just planning to connect a
splitter to my cable modem and my computer. I kind of get the
impression that it might be better to select a video card for games and
put in a separate tuner card for watching TV.

There are so many choices for video cards my head starts spinning when
I try to compare them.

Thanks