Old July 23rd 05, 02:32 AM
Phil Weldon

' wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
| I am willing to spend about 300 for the card. I would use it to play
| games like Doom3. I would also like to be able to watch TV on my
| computer. I have seen ads for cards with TV out but my guess is that I
| need TV in.
|
| I have a 2G cpu
| TIA

_____

300 what? US dollars, AUS dollars, NZ dollars, Canadian doallars, euros,
pounds? And a 2G cpu is a 2 GHz CPU?

To watch TV on your computer monitor,

* you need either [Video In] connector on your video card and a separate TV
that has a [Video Out] connector (plus an [Audio Out] connector on the TV to
connect to the [Audio In] connector on your audio card or motherboard)

OR

* a TV Tuner installed in your computer.

If you install a TV Tuner in your computer, then you don't need a [Video In]
connector on your video card and don't need a TV, just connect the antenna
or cable to the TV tuner card.

Watching premium cable or satellite programming has to be done by connecting
the video and audio out from the converter box to the [Video In] connector a
video card and the [Audio In] on your audio card or the on-board [Audio In]
connector.

Phil Weldon