Old November 2nd 04, 03:32 AM
First of One

Keep in mind LCDs look great in their native resolution, but often the
lower, interpolated resolutions leave much to be desired. A 19" LCD will
probably have a high native resolution (1600x1200). Be prepared to do all
your gaming at that res. Hope you have a 6800GT or better...

As for the brightness and contrast ratios, the higher the better, though
both can be fudged significantly by mfr's testing.

"husker3in4" wrote in message
I'm considering upgrading from my 17" flatscreen CRT to a 19" LCD monitor.

I've read in the past they arent as good for
gaming because the colors arent as deep. Has this been improved? Will I

notice much difference if I make the change? Also, in
looking at different LCD monitors, the only things I see change from one

to the other are the Brightness ratios and the
Contrast ratios. Which is a better number, higher or lower? What do I need

to be looking for is what I'm asking.

Thanks