Old October 30th 04, 04:52 AM
husker3in4

Ah, thanks for the info Jim. Thats stuff I need to know! What about the brightness and contrast ratios? is lower or higher
better?

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:38:22 -0400, * wrote:

husker3in4 wrote:

I'm considering upgrading from my 17" flatscreen CRT to a 19" LCD monitor. I've read in the past they arent as good for
gaming because the colors arent as deep. Has this been improved? Will I notice much difference if I make the change? Also, in
looking at different LCD monitors, the only things I see change from one to the other are the Brightness ratios and the
Contrast ratios. Which is a better number, higher or lower? What do I need to be looking for is what I'm asking.

Thanks

If your main interest is gaming, the number you should be looking at
is the response time, i.e. the time it takes for the screen to
refresh. With 25ms you will likely notice ghosting on fast motion in
your games. Go for at least 16ms, or the newer 12ms.

Jim