Old September 5th 04, 01:48 AM
Jeff B

rms wrote:

Try using that same editor (or download a pre-modded bios from
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...eadid=17272276
etc., that fixes the freezing prob and perhaps raises the default core
voltage.

rms

Thanks RMS. Actually, I did eactly that, I used a BIOS editor to
fix the "can't change the clock" problem and that was the end of that
type of failure. I played D3 for 2-3 hours crash free after moding the
BIOS. Just as I thought I had successfully worked around the crashing
problem, a completely different prob for which there was no BIOS fix
surfaced.
It became incompatible with the Intel .inf update that I need to run for
my mobo.
That was the last straw, I called Outpost and got an RMA number.