Old September 5th 04, 01:33 AM
Jeff B

CompUSA does not fix, only replace - with an equivalent card from
another manufacturer, or a later model from the same manufacturer
if the original is not stocked.

really? Are you saying that if I bought a x800 pro from Comp,
then when they got x800xt's in stock, I could 'trade up' to the
x800xt (for more money, of course).

Wanna wait around for a recycled PNY defect ? PNY demonstrated
do not care about failed product.

You sure got that right!

Also, if you read the small-print of the PNY (er... ) "lifetime
warranty", you will see that it only applies to the production
lifetime of that particular model, which for some PNY lines is less
than 6 months.

Good point, but I've found that if a card lasts 6 months, it will
last 'forever', forever meaning until it dies
of absolescence.

So if it is out of production and PNY does not
keep spare inventory, where are they going to get one for you ??
Oh, I know.... send you someone else's defective return.

LOL! They do that even when they have do have spare inventory!