Old August 10th 04, 09:17 PM
McGrandpa

orlando wrote:
http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Doom3/FPSVisuals.htm

I followed the instructions there (i didnt creat an autoexec.cfg
though, i just pasted the tweak into base/Doomconfig.cfg) my
performance jumped from 13 to 40 fps (800*60,High Quality) (!!!)

Sys:XP@2Ghz,256MB DDR@266Mhz,GF4 ti4400@300/650

inredible! Try it!

I just discovered last night that if I don't put some things in an
autoexec.cfg then Doom often edits and excises certain entries. Like
seta com_allowConsole "1" gets removed from Doomconfig.cfg but stays put
in the autoexec.cfg

It's also easier to tweakruntweakrun keeping the autoexec open and
editing that, it's got a lot less in it.
McG.