Old February 26th 04, 11:53 PM
Bora Ugurlu

Am Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:41:36 GMT, "Kevin C."

That's somewhat contradictory with his statement that he wishes the Intel
video chips would go away. Whether you choose to believe it or not, most
people do not own high end GPUs today, nor will they tomorrow. Even above
the casual gamer, there are many folks who are still running GF2-era
devices. In 2006 I imagine that just as many people will still be running
the GF4s and Radeons that are in their computers today, the same cards that
Mr. Sweeney has targeted to exclude.

He meant to say 'at maximum detail level'.. Then the high end cards
would come to a crawl. Not many people play with details maxed out. So
they get in, say, Ut2k4 decent framerates with a Ti4200 (which I
have). If I turn on all the details with 4xAA and 8x Anisotropy then
it's a slide show. That's what he meant.