Old February 26th 04, 07:04 PM

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati faster_framerates wrote:
I'm sorry, but what is the benefit of excluding a market of consumers
with average video cards?

They are targeting average video cards, it's just that they're targeting
the average cards of 2006. It will be closer to 2006 when the engine is
finished, and targeting even high-end cards of 2003 in a project that
starts in 2004 is just a waste of time and money. A 24-month upgrade
cycle is not completely unreasonable for videogames.

This is why people settle for consoles.

I take issue with the "settle", but that's another argument for another
time.

-a