Old February 13th 04, 07:35 AM
Paul Woodsford

Nvidia 53.3 and 53.6 are both compatible with the MX series of cards,
provided they are correctly installed and no files are left over from
previous, older versions of driver and/or software files.

Follow Roberts instructions for a fault free installation.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply
"Robert Gault" wrote in message
: wrote:
:
: Using Windows Update on my XP Pro PC , I d/l and installed an updated
: driver for my GeForce2 MX/MX 400 card.
:
: This changed the driver from Version 4.4.0.3 of 02/05/2003 to Version
: 5.2.1.6 of 6/10/2003.
:
: The P.C. seems to work OK after this upgrade but , if I now r.cl. on
: the DesktopPropertiesSettingsAdvanced and now click on the GeForce2
: MX tab I get an Error Box which has " nvcpl" in the blue header band
: and , in the body of this is a large red X with the words "
: Catastrophic Failure " and "OK"
:
: iF "ok" is clicked the GeForce MX tab becomes blank and another white
: box is displayed with a little "toggle switch " which , if "toggled"
: simply makes the GeForce MX tab blank out all type on it .
:
: After experiencing this , I rolled back the driver update and all
: these symptoms no longer occurred .
:
: Can anyone explain what is happening here ?
:
: B.N.
: --
:
: to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
:
: Given the nature of your problem, there is a good chance that the newer
: driver was not correctly installed. Rather than updating nVidia drivers,
: it is much better to switch to a generic VGA driver, uninstall the old
: nVidia drivers, and then install the new nVidia drivers.
:
: There is a small chance that the 52 series is not backwards compatible
: with your MX400 card.
:

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (