Old February 12th 04, 03:27 AM
Dark Avenger

wrote in message . ..
Using Windows Update on my XP Pro PC , I d/l and installed an updated
driver for my GeForce2 MX/MX 400 card.

This changed the driver from Version 4.4.0.3 of 02/05/2003 to Version
5.2.1.6 of 6/10/2003.

The P.C. seems to work OK after this upgrade but , if I now r.cl. on
the DesktopPropertiesSettingsAdvanced and now click on the GeForce2
MX tab I get an Error Box which has " nvcpl" in the blue header band
and , in the body of this is a large red X with the words "
Catastrophic Failure " and "OK"

iF "ok" is clicked the GeForce MX tab becomes blank and another white
box is displayed with a little "toggle switch " which , if "toggled"
simply makes the GeForce MX tab blank out all type on it .

After experiencing this , I rolled back the driver update and all
these symptoms no longer occurred .

Can anyone explain what is happening here ?

B.N.

The newest drivers are incompatible with older cards ( Yes you can now
throw the "uniform driver for every cards" slogan out of the window! )

44.03 may be the last version... that can safely be used by pre-FX
cards!

If you don't like that message, complaints ought to be send to nvidia
by fax, post, mail and Express Courier!