Old December 4th 03, 11:54 AM
xyzzy

"Roger" wrote:

What speed increase could I expect by switching from a GF1 with 32MB DDR
RAM to a "plain" FX5700 with 128?

And would the graphics detail improve at the same resolution in current games?

I have a similar question. Is there a site that compares basic raw
performance of cards? I am mainly interested in the basic OpenGL
performance of gaming cards. That is, I don't care about latest eye
candy, AA and AF info would be nice but I still need an apples to
apples comparison at same resolution (which, btw, I am limited to
1280x1024 by the monitor anyway). I guess what I really need to know
is the plain/textured tri count per card per resolution per aa
setting.. etc that yield acceptable (say 20fps) performance. Any such
sites? At the moment, it's very difficult to assess price/performance
ratios and the GPU manufacturer specs (ie fillrates and such) are
pretty unreliable.