Old December 4th 03, 02:21 AM
Roger

I thought I'd get an answer like this. But what I mean is like.. What =
speed increase
can I realisticly expect in games? How many times the frame rate if you =
will..

I compared relevant systems in the MadOnion database and it showed only =
50%
increase in points or so.. I am comparing two different versions, with =
different
level of detail, so that should mean alot, but how much exactly? If the =
2003 version
is, say twise as complex as 2001 then the FX5600 is only 4 times faster =
than GF1?
I was expecting a much bigger jump I guess. Please correct me if i'm =
wrong.

Roger.

"Dan" wrote in message =
Sort of like going from a go-cart to a formula one racing cart.
Or like trading a tricycle in for a ten speed. Do you see where I am =

going
with this?
=20
"Roger" wrote in message
What speed increase could I expect by switching from a GF1 with 32MB =

DDR
RAM to a "plain" FX5700 with 128?
=20
And would the graphics detail improve at the same resolution in =

current
games?
=20
TIA.