Old July 29th 03, 04:23 PM
PRIVATE1964

I can run at 1024x768 with 2XAA and 4XAF, but I prefer 800x600. I can run
the game settings maxed out at 1024x768, 2XAA, 4XAF, but there might be a
couple of places where the framerate might dip below 42fps. I want the graphics
to be the best they can, with a good framerate. To me that is 42fps or higher.
Also the visual difference between 8XAF and 4XAF is slight, but the fps hit is
high. I tested this with screenshots from Wolf3D. Going to a newer FX card
might help with higher AA and AF settings, as someone mentioned but the
increase in framerate won't be all that much. Also I believe wold3d is very cpu
dependent. The only way your gonna see a very high improvement would be to get
one of the latest cards like the 5900 or ATI 9700/9800 radeon, but then your
cpu would be a big bottleneck for cpu dependent games.