Old April 9th 04, 01:53 AM
Jason Ash

"Larry Stone" waxed eloquent in
news:uZTcc.213801$po.1053644@attbi_s52:

I am running a 3200+ on this board with a single 80 gig drive
cinnected to the ITE RAID controller. It is a fast and reliable system
but I have a few questions.

Device Manager shows the built-in Realtec network adapter (which I am
using) and also a 1394 network adapter. I am not sure what this second
adapter is or how to use it. I have the 1394 firewire port enabled but
have not used it.

The ITE RAID controller is installed and configured properly in Device
Manager but if I try to open the RAID manager, I get a stop screen and
reboot. Could this be because there is only one drive attached?

My only complaint with this board so far is that due to a capacitor
placed too close to the ZIF socket, I could not use the heatsink I
wanted. The CPU temp never goes over 51C so it is not a problem.

If you are using WinXP, it sees a FireWire connecter as a possible
network adapter. Using the correct cable, you could concievably connect
two PCs through FireWire ports. A stupid and useless way to do it, but
hey.

I also was almost unable to use the HSF I wanted on my board. I got
around it by taking a hacksaw to the HSF, and trimming the corner that
was in contact with the capacitor to get it to fit. Boy, did I not want
to trim down my HSF, a nice Vantec AeroFlow.

Jason A.

--
Reply to for SPAM only

All others use: