Old December 15th 07, 09:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
DanG

Default What inkjet printer prints the best text?

"B. Schneier" wrote in message
Most of my printing involves documents and legal briefs. There is some
color printing for brochures and stuff I find on the Internet. Can someone
recommend a color ink jet that prints laser-like text and is reasonably
fast.

Thanks in advance,

BS

"Fast" and "quality" do not always quarter in comfort.

Almost any inkjet is capable of excellent quality text with the right paper,
and almost any high-quality printer is capable of producing crappy text with
the wrong paper.

The latest Canon models, IP4500 being the cheapest, have a larger head and
are capable of speed and quality. They will use either dye or pigment black
depending your paper settings. (IP3500 has only pigment black and text
quality will suffer using high-res paper settings). The caveat being that
you need to select appropriate paper, and off-the-shelf 20# paper isn't it.