Old July 17th 03, 08:13 AM
Ron Merts

If it's still under warranty, disavow any overclocking and RMA it for a new
one.

Ron

"Barney Rubble" wrote in message
I guess I must be unlucky, as the BFG TI4200 I have has recently started

produce sparkles and random characters. This appears to be a memory

problem,
so I went back to default timings, and guess what.... I still have the
problems. So I guess overclocking can do permanent damage. Temperatures

were
no too bad either. Cannot recall exact timings, but 250/500 seems to

spring
to mind, anyway they were not too aggressive.

Hope you have better luck

Barney

"Martin Eriksson" wrote in message
"RJ" wrote in message
What is the best overclocking program to use? I have a PNY Ti4200 and

would
like to speed it up. Can you guys recommend one for a novice? Thanks!

RivaTuner is the best IMO. It actually uses the overclock abilities in

the
nVidia drivers. It also provides LOTS of options for your nVidia

pleasure.

/M