Old July 14th 03, 11:33 PM
Martin Eriksson

"Barney Rubble" wrote in message
I guess I must be unlucky, as the BFG TI4200 I have has recently started

produce sparkles and random characters. This appears to be a memory

problem,
so I went back to default timings, and guess what.... I still have the
problems. So I guess overclocking can do permanent damage. Temperatures

were
no too bad either. Cannot recall exact timings, but 250/500 seems to

spring
to mind, anyway they were not too aggressive.

250/513 is the default for my Ti4200. I know it is possible to kill your
card by overclocking, but mostly that's because of excessive heat or really
bad components. You could have got bad memory from the start, if it's a
cheapish card.

I have a Leadtek Ti4200. (Dont remember the Leadtek number)

Overclocking *is* always a risk, although far more components have died
because of a bad product from the start (five hard drives, three CD-ROMs,
two motherboards, one CPU, several soundcards, a wee bit of SDRAM etc etc).

/M