Old July 13th 03, 01:39 PM
torr

I can o/c my sparkle to 270/540 with no problems have for the last 9 months.
If i go higher on the memory, the memory chips get too hot and i get
artifacts onscreen.
The card will do about 275/550 stable but gets too hot for my liking and i
cant be bothered with extra cooling, not worth the trouble or expense for
the speed increase i wreckon.
For some wierd reason i like too keep the memory twice the speed of gpu
(paranoid maybe). i dont get much improvement with gpu increase only.
Just for reference i get about 11000 in 3dmark 2001 at default settings and
13000 when overclocked to 270/540
Unless theres a fault with your card i wouldnt expect its life expectancy to
shorten by any noticeable amount and unless u get some extreme heat issue
which i wouldnt expect at the setting u r running at.
Excess overclocking of the memory usually shows up as artifacts on the
screen like white dots at random, missing textures or dark
rectangle/triangle objects flashing on the screen.
Excess cpu overclocking for me shows up as games crashing and computer
locking up or games dropping out and going back to the desktop

torr

"MattB" matt.baranski @ bigpond.com wrote in message
Hi all,

I picked up an Albatron Ti4200 128mb card today and want to overclock it a
bit. I tweaked the driver level clock frequencies to 270mhz core and

533mhz
memory and the card seems perfectly stable under D3D games with no
artifacts. My question is, will this cause the card harm in the long term
(stock heatsink/fan)? I plan to hang onto this card for at least a year,
does excess overclocking show itself as system instability or is it likely
to just die unexpectedly after being overclocked for a period of time? I
guess basically I want to know how much overclocking will reduce the life

of
the card.

Cheers,
Matt