Old May 26th 18, 07:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Default Intel onboard GPU conflicting with CPU power

On 5/25/2018 5:48 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Is it true that if you max out the GPU part of an Intel processor at the
same time as all the normal cores, it can't do them all at once?* I run
Boinc which can do calculations on both at once.* And if I use all the
CPU cores, the GPU part goes about a 5th of the speed.* I guess the only
other place this could happen is a game that multithreads on all the
cores and also uses the graphics.

Are you using a standalone GPU? If not, the CPU will be used to do
on-board/in-chip graphics.

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不*錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):