Old December 14th 06, 06:14 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Wes Newell

Default replacing MB fan

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:11:56 -0500, lee wrote:

Hi all, I ordered my replacement fan for my NF7-S ver2.0 since the old one
died and im getting temp alarms now. Anyone done this and have advice or is
the fan gonna come with decent instructions? Any comments based on
experience welcome. Thanks in advance.

Most fan failures are due to dried out bearings/bushing. A single drop of
a light weight oil will usually cure this and allow the fan to work for
many years to come. Access to the bearings is under a rubber cap that's
under the sticker on the fan. So if your fan doesn't rotate freely, just
put in a drop of sewing machine/reel oil or something that thin and
rotate the fan until it becomes free. Ones heavily stuck may need to be
forced to start but should free up after a few minutes.