Old September 9th 15, 12:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

Default No automatic fan spinups on my very old ATI Radeon 4870 videocard in Windows XP Pro SP3?

Interesting. So, your video card's fan actually spin with automatic
settings. So far, no issues with the manual forced fan at 55% (CCC now
shows still at 58%, 67C degrees, and 0% activity as I type this
newsgroup post). Also, my room temperature is in the mid 80s degrees(F)
[about 29.4C degrees for 85F degrees].

On 9/7/2015 5:22 PM, Ed Light wrote:
I have an MSI 4670. In catalyst 12.4 and 13.1 in Win 7, It always shows
0 fan speed. But looking at the fan itself, it's spinning. There is no
3rd wire for the tachometer on the fan.

I run it occasionally on 10.10 in XP. That contains 8.97. It runs ok so
you could find it and uninstall the old one from add and remove
programs, and reboot, then install it.

Also, I'd get the latest Flash as the previous was causing blue screens
from some videos in Win 7 .

In the Control Center under Over Drive you can see the card's
temperature. I don't think it should be allowed to go over 90C. Just
browsing, my 4670 is at 40C.

I'd open up the case and see if the fan is actually spinning, and clean
it out with an air can.

--
"An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox." --Mexican Proverb
this signature correctly.