Old February 12th 05, 11:58 AM
kony

On 11 Feb 2005 22:10:24 -0800,
(Marcus) wrote:

I see what appears to be a very good deal for 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz
Memory CL3. I was thinking of getting 2 sticks for my ECS K7S5A
motherboard. It is an older board (about 3 years). The specs say it
can handle max of 1GB RAM DDR. The max FSB is 166mhz I think. Will the
memory mentioned above work on this board?

Thanks for any feedback.

Marcus

In theory it should work but in practice a lot of those
boards were quite buggy, particularly with regards to
memory. I'd suggest CAS 2 or 2.5 as a better attempt with
that board, possibly still needing to manually lower the
timings to CAS3, OR if that didn't work you could then try
another motherboard. It could work though, should work, but
may not. Be sure to test with memtest86 for several hours.