Old April 4th 04, 11:08 PM
juzuz

All:
I happened to have a brand new, never used Seagate HD here. I disconnected
my WD and attached the Seagate. I booted from the Win XP cd-rom and allowed
it to install the setup files. I selected a new installation of WinXP. It
got to "Please wait. . ." and went no further for over 8 minutes. I
rebooted, letting it attempt to boot from the Seagate HD and it gets to
Verifying DMI Pool Data and goes no farther.

Any suggestions? I'm beginning to think I have a defective MOBO? And I'm
getting desperate too!

Sally

"Udo Kammer" wrote in message
Ok, what type of hard drive are you attempting to boot from (SATA or

IDE),

It is not the HD, it is the chipset. If you can read in
.net she has
changed from Asus P4S533 with SIS to the Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 with
intel. Without a repair installation of XP and the installation of the
intel chipsetdriver the computer will not boot.

Udo Kammer