Old July 28th 03, 03:49 AM
Starz_Kid

Hello Chris, Every time that I've formatted a drive as a logical, i've
ended
up with an unallocated 8MB partition on the drive! With Win XP, you can
have as
many active (NON Logical) drives as you like! So I no longer format
drives as logical and no more wasted 8MB unallocated space!

Starz_Kid...

"chris" wrote in message
I bought yesterday a new 80 G (8M cache) hard drive and when I tried to
use
Fdisk or Partition Magic to format it both programs showed that disk
was divided 8M and 76G.

I couldn't delete 8M part which is obviously useless.

Anyway it works but I disabled 8M part of the disk to get off the letter

showing in Windows 8m hard drive which with its capacity was piece of
rubbish.

Is this the nature of 80G seagate or I bought a faulty disk?

Thanks,

Chris