Old September 12th 17, 03:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rodney Pont[_6_]

Default Laptop Hinge Problem

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 05:10:37 -0400, Paul wrote:

Se7en wrote:
I have an issue with my hinge. I have a Dell Latitude D820 and
randomly the hinge has lost its tork. The screen is loose and falls
down unless I prop it up. I opened the chassis and see that the
physical hinge looks alright but it seems that the frame of the
monitor in which the hinge goes into is warped.

At first I was able to squeeze together the chassis with no visible
difference, and this caused it to catch. This no longer works.

Any advice?

There's a cover plus hinges listed here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DELL-Y...#ht_263wt_1158

Your symptoms seem to be common for that model number.

There is a set of hinges he

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401326333160

--
Faster, cheaper, quieter than HS2