Old November 7th 04, 04:58 PM
Sleepy

"Richard Cavell" wrote in message
om.au...
Hi,

9800 Pro 128MB with latest Catalyst drivers, on WinXP service pack 2.

Doom 3 is very dark. I've put my CRT monitor on maximum
brightness/contrast and I've also put the in-game brightness option to
maximum.

On the Radeon 9800 Pro properties, I have a Doom 3 profile for Full Screen
3D. I've put gamma at maximum. Actually, I'm not sure that this is being
used... it doesn't seem to have an effect at all.

Now, Doom 3 is still very dark indeed even with all these on maximum. I
realise the game is meant to be spooky, but is there something I'm
missing?

Its dark for everyone which is the way its intended to be but is a pain in
the arse. The best fixes are r_gamma going from 1 (the default) to 1.4 but
it does make it look washed out. Another option is r_lightScale from 1 to 4
which boosts the brilliance of every lightsource in the game.