Old April 24th 07, 10:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gel

Default Cleaning inkjet print heads

Look he

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inkjetstuff11.html

On Apr 24, 9:20 am, Arthur Entlich wrote:
Sometimes printing out areas of colors will unblock a clogged set of
nozzles and sometimes it won't. Sometimes using a clear on the head
works better. Either way, if you have a Magenta head clog, as the
poster below mentions, you may wish to print out large areas of MAGENTA
color, not red. The red color is made up of both yellow and magenta ink
and will therefore use both up, which seems like a great waste of yellow
ink, if that head is already functioning well.

Art

Al Bundy wrote:
Jan Alter wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...

What's the best way to get a dirty ink jet printing properly again? I
have a couple of inkjets (HP, Cannon and Epson) that have gotten
clogged up after sitting around unused for an extended time and I
can't get them to print properly anymore. I've replaced the ink
cartridges (a $250 expense for the HP 1200 and its 8 cartridges!) and
run the print head clean utilities, but none of the printers have come
clean. Is there some way to bring my printers back up to snuff?
===
Richard Lewis Haggard

What model Epson are you asking?

--
Jan Alter

or

If you let the printers set for so long, evidently you don't use a
printer very regularly. Google for cleaning techniques on specific
models. My advice is to select your best printer and go with that so
it will get some work. I imagine that would be the 1200 since you
purchased cartridges already. Run the nozzle check to see which colors
are clogged. Let's say you have little or no magenta. Go to MS Word or
something and make a solid block of red and keep printing it until the
magenta clears up. Sometimes it takes a big block and repetition. This
has worked for me in many cases and saves dumping the good ink in the
cleaning cycle.- Hide quoted text -