Old April 23rd 07, 10:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary Tait

Default Cleaning inkjet print heads

wrote in news:1177264168.848177.216070
@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

What's the best way to get a dirty ink jet printing properly again? I
have a couple of inkjets (HP, Cannon and Epson) that have gotten
clogged up after sitting around unused for an extended time and I
can't get them to print properly anymore. I've replaced the ink
cartridges (a $250 expense for the HP 1200 and its 8 cartridges!) and
run the print head clean utilities, but none of the printers have come
clean. Is there some way to bring my printers back up to snuff?
===
Richard Lewis Haggard

I steam them, by holding them to the spout of a boiling tea kettle, and
have an absorbent paper towel to swab up the ink. If you can, with separate
heads, let them soak in ammonia based window cleanser.