Old September 11th 03, 08:46 PM
who be dat?

I'll tell you what will be interesting. Install these new drivers then
install the benchmark. Run the benchmark as is, then rename the EXE and
rerun to compare the results. Heck, for that matter, run the benchmark then
run the game tell me if the results are comparable. I can hear it now: "I
can run the benchmark with everything maxed out at 1152*864 but the game
wont' run above 1024*768 unless I turn a lot of eye candy off. WTF?!"
hehehe

My personal opinion is that FX card owners need to file a class action
lawsuit against Nvidia. However, Nvidia owners seem to be the type of
people who will take whatever **** is shoveled at them and just sit back and
take it. Pathetic bunch of suckers. I hope you enjoyed giving Nvidia your
money. I'm sure they enjoyed taking it.

Chris Smith

"The Robot" wrote in message
.. .

So what? Surely Nvidia will release new drivers to optimize Half-Life 2
?

Excellent, we all look forward to unlimited frame rates from an FX5200.

Not.

Out of interest, what sort of improvment do you expect to see from this
driver rewrite? 10%, 30%, 200%?

I eagerly await your answer.