Old December 12th 04, 03:46 AM
Mike

I have NEVER had a problem with an ASUS product whether it was a motherboard
or video card so the quality of their TECH SUPPORT is irrelevant. I have
however heard people have had good results with RMA's etc... On the other
hand, the TWO times I have NOT used ASUS and used ABIT, with the 820 chipset
was out.... the capacitors swelled up on the ABIT board and both boards
stopped working until I replaced the caps myself.. ASUS makes a great
product, period...

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have had the same less than acceptable tech support from ASUS also.
They told me once, "... not to be concerned about my problem...". I do
have an ongoing issue that they haven't resolved for a few months.
Their own BIOS upgrade stopped their own AI Booster program from
functioning. They claim they have escalated it to level two and that
level two would contact me. After several calls and emails they still
have not contacted me or fixed the problem via a download from their
site. I have had nothing but bad experiences with ASUS support. On the
other hand, I have had some of the best support ever from Microsoft!
Yes this may sound strange, but they went above and beyond to come up
with a resolution for a problem I was having with my wireless bluetooth
mouse software.