Old April 11th 04, 08:01 PM
Paul Hopwood

Matt wrote:

I realised he could have meant either, so asked for
elaboration. Actually some thermal compund is electrically
conductive too,

Any of the stuff that's filled with metallic particles is potentially
electrically conductive.

Please name one.

Arctic Silver is capacitive, rather than conductive, but the same
applies in terms of application. Their instructions state:

"While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper
greases, Arctic Silver should be kept away from electrical traces,
pins, and leads. While it is not electrically conductive, the compound
is slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it
bridges two close-proximity electrical paths.)"

I wouldn't doubt there are other compounds around which are
electrically conductive.

--
iv Paul iv