Old September 8th 04, 09:33 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
'

Opticreep wrote:

Is it true that CDRs are more durable, and much more
scratch-resistant, than CDRWs? Is it also true that CDRs are
generally more readable by various consumer-level electronics than
CDRWs?

Just don't confuse 'less readable' with 'unreadable'.

A well-known troll intimates:

CD-RW is less reliable than CD-R, thus CD-RW is unreliable.
'

===================================
Did Mikey coin the term "erasable"?
===================================

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimeball)
Date: 5/17/02

I refer to "erasable"
=====================

How come you no longer use "I refer" after (5/17/02)?

Would that have anything to do with my pointing out these at that time?

-----------------------------
(From old cdrfaq)

A related technology called CD-E (CD Erasable) is expected
to be available in late 1996.

[Note: It was recently decided to call this technology
"CD-Rewritable" instead of CD-Erasable" -- kwc]

-----------------------------
Subject: [2-12] How does CD-RW compare to CD-R?

CD-RW is short for CD-Rewritable. It used to be called
CD-Erasable (CD-E), but some marketing folks changed it
so it wouldn't sound like your important data gets erased
on a whim.

Erasable CDs are a go, compatibility to come later
October 23, 1996

The newly standardized CD-Rewritable format,
known until a month ago as CD-Erasable