Old November 6th 06, 09:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
peacekeeper

Default compaq proliant 850r /boot troubles

I'm about to setup a Compaq Proliant 850r with the 2 pentiums on board
but am afraid I messed up some settings in the boot settings.
When I power the machine up it gives me the message that I've got a
serial cable error and I have not the slightest idea how to solve this.
I need a way to et into the boot settings again (i.e. where the OS,
server/no server and all of those settings) to retore factory defaults.

BTW: on what OS this machine runs with the best performance? I'm
thinking about NT 4.0 for 2 processors since all later MS is way to
heavy.
*ux is out of the question since this unit is going to be used in a
gymnastics centre and computer knowledge is a rare item with those
girls...