Old July 26th 06, 08:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
boe

Default Any word on competition for the nVidia 7950?

I agree - it may be a wait for DX10 to become a common part of my use but I
figure within a year it will probably be so - however I could use a good
video card very soon and would hate to have to buy another a year from now
because the $550 one I purchase next month doesn't cut it for the games that
will be available within a year. There are already several dx10 games that
should be out within a year that have piqued my interest.

"First of One" wrote in message
This'll be a long wait. Vista ships Q1 2007, and DX10 will not be part of
the initial release, and even then Vista may not be usable until the
typical SP1 is released.

"boe" wrote in message
I have no issue with spending $560 for a card that equals the performance
of having 2x $445 cards - this is actually a savings although I'll
probably wait for a DX10 card since I won't buy the new CPU until next
month. Of course competition drives prices down but right now there
isn't adequate competition.