Old July 25th 06, 06:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
boe

Default Any word on competition for the nVidia 7950?

Usually there is only about a 2 month period in which ATI or nVidia has a
large lead in performance over the competition. Seems like the 7950 pretty
much blows what ATI has for a single card solution out of the water and
since it can be used SLI mode it continues to beat ATI senseless.

I don't point this out to belittle ATI. I live for the competition. I
have an ATI currently but hate to think I'm going to get an nVidia next time
just because ATI didn't bother to volley something in return. I can't
imagine they aren't considering a high end dual GPU unit to compete with the
7950.

If you've seen any credible rumors please post them. My only guess is they
are waiting for a DX10 dual GPU solution and that is the reason for the
delay but that is just my guess.