Old July 1st 05, 03:01 PM
Pete

Default Help: Driver for 7800 GTX

Go easy on me... I've just purchased my first Nvidia card, so I might be
asking a daft question!

Anyone running Windows Media Centre with the 7800 GTX?
If so which driver are you running?
The reason I ask is that I went to the nvidia download section.
Selected Geforce and WMC as the O/S. Most recent version is v72.14 (20 June
2005). The Release notes do not mention the 7800 being supported. :-(

Tried checking for a driver for XP. Most recent version is v77.72.
That does support the 7800 and it even mentions in the version highlights
"Support for GeForce 7800 GTX and GeForce 6200 AGP".

So would I be right in thinking I'll have to wait for a Media Centre driver
for the 7800? I did download the XP version which appears to work.
Whether I've lost some MC functionality - I don't know. Haven't tried it.

Any help appreciated

Pete