Old August 10th 03, 07:31 AM
Ron Merts

Bit late I suppose, but the GF3 Ti200 will probably beat your MX 440,
especially if you got one of the 64Mb SE models with SDRAM rather than DDR
memory. The big gripe against the MX cards was their mediocre performance.
I have seen post after post about how the FX 5200 and FX 5200 Ultra gets
beat by the MX 440 cards, and to be honest on a Pentium 4 2.4-3.06 (or
2.4C-3.0C) CPU and the AMD Athlon XP 2600+ with Windows XP Pro or Home with
SP1 and 512Mb of Memory it just is not true; the FX 5200 is a little faster
(10-20%) than every MX 440 DDR memory card I have tested (Albatron, ASUS,
MSI, eVGA, ABit, Gainward MX 440 4X or 8X AGP with 64Mb DDR vs. Daytona
GeForce FX 5200 non-Ultra with 128Mb of DDR and 128 bit datapath) and the
5200 Ultra (eVGA FX 5200 Ultra) beats the same MX 440 cards by nearly 45% or
more. I'm not talking about overclocking this or tweaking that to make
anything faster; just pull it out of the box, use the same drivers on the
same system(s) and look at the numbers for yourself.

Ron

"[NBS]Druidwitch" wrote in message
Well, I have replaced the card and seemingly have an immediate 1000 point
increase in 3DMark01 SE without any tweaking. Gonna have a fiddle and
overclock over the next few days and see what I can do with it. I never
realised till I got it back that it has both a fan and ram sinks fitted
already so my overclocking shall bem ighty! lmao

Will let you all know how it goes - cheers for the advice - I needed that
kick up the proverbial

Regards

Daniel Yates

--
[NBS]Druidwitch
http://www.nbsnipers.com
"[NBS]Druidwitch" wrote in message
Hi all

I upgrraded?! to a GF MX440 a few months back and have found serious

degrade
in games performance since. Allied Assault runs poorly even with default
settings, but crank it up to trilinear filtering and the game becomes
unplayable. Battlefield 1942 is completely unplayable on even the lowest
settings available but I know this game is reputed to be poorly coded to

see that one as a double whammy.

Would I be advised to get back my Ti200 adn replace the MX or is this

some
other issue?

My rig is

P4 1.7